Tuesday 18 June 2013

Are you just satisfying a need or its by choice?

As we go through our everyday lives, we are usually faced wth one need or the other, but how we satisfy those needs are just as crucial as the need itself. I've realised from experience that whenever a need arises, we tend to rule out reason and try to satisfy that need any how, but when we ignore the urgency of the feeling and calm down, we are usually in a better position to make better choices than when we let the urgency of how or what we feel dictate our results for us. A very basic example is 'food hunger' as we can be hungry for many things. I've realised that when I'm hungry, I don't calm down to eat well, I bow to the voice of hunger and munch on the closest food available (of course cooking is rarely an option) even when someone is already preparing a meal I enjoy, I'm just usually too impatient to wait. Though I feel better, I'm rarely satisfied. I used this example because most of us are familiar with it, but this could be applied to any area of life. The reality in life is that sometimes we have to exercise a little discipline in the present to get a desirable future. I've started applying this principle and its been wonderful. Though silencing your feelings would not be as easy as I write here but the ''wholesome meal'' you enjoy at the end of the day is usually worth the wait. So guys before you attempt anything ask yourself if you are just satisfying a need or it s by choice..Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Inspiring,,, Awesome... Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Your comments are more inspiring

      Delete
  2. Great!!! I like this sentence "The reality of life is that (sometimes) we have to exercise a little discipline in the present to get a desirable future".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys....your comments are more inspiring.

    ReplyDelete