Friday 20 February 2015

The plank in our eyes

I want to start by saying that this is first of all talking to me..more than anyone else. Most times its easier to see the fault of others..its easier to point fingers to the next person and blame him/her for your short comings...its easier to give advice or criticise someone else even when your in the same boat. But is it right...? Certainly not.
I've been in many situations where I was hurt by what someone did or didn't do..and also where I criticised, judged and passed sentence...loool...But then I painfully remember when I was in a similar situation and didn't respond any better...I still let out my steam and trash whoever though... but deep down I can now put myself in the person's shoes and realise just how much I've hurt someone else...It takes my eyes off the current situation I'm in where I'm demanding to be treated "right" and I find myself really sorry about the persons I have previously mistreated..
The fact is..nobody is perfect...This isnt to say everybody should go on and treat people without respecting them just because they must have hurt someone else too ..No! Rather its a call to treat people in the way you will want to be treated...So next time before you pass that judgement "Judge"...take a step back and be sure to remove the plank in your own eyes first...I'm sure by the time you're done.. you will have very little strength left for criticism. ...
Enjoy your day...

N:B  I know I've been the most slothful blogger....no excuses...no blames on anyone but myself...picking up the pieces and starting all over...

No comments:

Post a Comment